We are proud of the area in which we live. It has attractive scenery and historic associations, but are we all aware as we could be of what it offers? The WADRA photo competition gives you a chance to show what the area means to you.
The competition is open to residents of the WADRA area, whether or not their household is a WADRA member. All images are to be taken/shot within the WADRA area as defined here. Images should have been taken by the entrant and not have been awarded prizes or published elsewhere. Full terms and conditions are below. Cash prizes will be awarded in each category.
Entrance fee: £2 for each image; a maximum of 7 images may be submitted per entrant. For WADRA members, the entrance fee is capped at £8, thus the fifth and subsequent images are effectively free. On receipt of an appropriate qualifying entry, WADRA will notify the contestant, by email, of the appropriate fee and give instructions for how it may be paid either by online bank transfer or at the community café using cash or card.
|Under 16 📷||Over 16 📷||Best overall|
|1st prize £15||1st prize £15||1st prize £15|
|2nd prize £10||2nd prize £10|
|3rd prize £5||3rd prize £5|
Judging criteria: technical quality, relevance to theme, overall appeal.
The final date for submissions has been extended to 30th September 2023. Shortlisted entries will be placed on the WADRA website on Saturday October 7th and winners will be announced at the WADRA AGM on Wednesday October 11th 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- Entrants must be resident at a household located within the WADRA area defined here.
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way.
- Entries will not be accepted unless submitted via the official contest channel which is the WADRA website.
- Images should have been taken by the entrant themselves and not have been awarded prizes or published elsewhere.
- Entries will be judged by the WADRA committee. All decisions are final. WADRA reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is deemed inappropriate or does not conform to the contest rules.
- By entering the contest, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by WADRA for publicity and may be displayed on the WADRA website.
- Submissions will not be accepted after the deadline of 30th September 2023.
- Prizes will be paid to each winner and are nontransferable.
- Winners will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after five days, a new winner for the category will be selected and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
Enter by clicking below and completing the form.